A conservatorship becomes necessary when someone is no longer able to handle his or her own financial or personal matters. Upon petitioning the court, a person can be appointed to act on behalf of an incapacitated adult and the appointment is called a probate conservatorship. This office handles conservatorships of the person, conservatorships of the estate, temporary conservatorships and limited conservatorships. We do not represent clients in LPS conservatorships for the gravely disabled.

We also represent clients in guardianship matters. If a minor inherits money from a deceased parent or other family member, we can assist with the appointment of a guardian of the estate to manage that money until the minor turns 18. We also represent parties in guardianships of the person.

For more information go to our conservatorship web page at: